ANYONE BURNING THE NEW EVERBURN STOVES YET?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2005
NW Wisconsin
It looks like the burning season is just beginning. kind of interested if there is anyone out there burning the new VC everburn stoves like the Encore, Dutchwest or Lopi Leyden? What kind of burn times or heat outputs, ext?

Dylan said:
I loaded up my Everburn three weeks ago, and it's been burnin' ever since....with no additional fuel.

Watch it Spike...Dylan's VC might out burn your PE Summit!!! :)

Does the DOE know about this? Might impact Cheney's portfolio!! :)

The pellet stove is still smodering from the last batch of nuclear pellets that I put in last spring!

Been burning a Leyden. Haven't really had the weather to test it out fully yet. We had one installed it in August and there was something wrong with the airwash. They sent us a new one and we put it in burned it three times now, and the airwash seems to be working nicely.

Why ya askin Todd?

Dylan said:
I loaded up my Everburn three weeks ago, and it's been burnin' ever since....with no additional fuel.
Warren said:

GotzTheHotz said:
The pellet stove is still smodering from the last batch of nuclear pellets that I put in last spring!
:lol: ;-P ;-) NUTS! Ya'll are just NUTS
Thats OK , I'm not worried ........ My Pacific Energy Summit is still "air conditioning" and "cleaning" the house and changed the oil in the two trucks last week. :cheese:

My pe summit red classic gets to darn hot the room its in can get to 100 f got to open the windows.

minesmoria said:
My pe summit red classic gets to darn hot the room its in can get to 100 f got to open the windows.
Well ? Where are the pictures !!!!! Want to C ! It takes a little wile to learn the air damper/amount of wood to load trick. When the highs are 50's-60's and the lows are only around 40's it dont take much to let it get away from you. Pictures brother , PICTURES>

Sandor said:
Why ya askin Todd?

Just curious, not looking into a new stove or anything. All the brochures are stating how the everburn technology is similar to cat technology. Wondering if this is the wave of the future?

Roospike said:
Dylan said:
Warren said:

GotzTheHotz said:
:lol: ;-P ;-) NUTS! Ya'll are just NUTS
Thats OK , I'm not worried ........ My Pacific Energy Summit is still "air conditioning" and "cleaning" the house and changed the oil in the two trucks last week. :cheese:

If it can do all that it's time to get rid of the wife and kids and marry your stove! :lol:

Well, I just did my first "everburn" burn this weekend. It works great. Since I'm a rookie, I really don't know how it compares in the real world to other stoves. For example, my friend has a quadrafire - the thing I like about his stove is that you don't have to do anything special to get to secondary burn mode, just load it up and go away. With my Dutchwest you pretty much have to do exactly what the instruction manual tells you for everburn to work. You start the fire with the bypass open (from what I understand, this is similar to how you use a cat stove). Once you have a nice 2" thick bed of coals toward the back (the throat opening in the lower, center, back to be specific) then you load it will fresh splits, wait a few minutes for the new wood to light, then close the bypass to start the secondary burn.

The heat output was great even with a small amount of wood (its not cold enough yet for me to do serious heating). I did not load the firebox full, I turned Mr. Everburn on at 10PM, cut the air down to just about 25% and monitored it for about an hour. The flue temps stayed steady above 500. Temperature outside was 30's, inside it got up to 75. I checked the fire at 3:30AM and it was still burning, house nice and warm upstairs and down (very open floorplan).

By morning it was just ashes and nothing left burning. Like I said, I didn't fill the firebox, I will test the limits when it gets cold, which probably won't be for another few weeks or so. I have a cheesy little low-res wireless camera that can take snapshots at any time interval you specify, so if there is interest, when I actually test the max burntime I can set it up to take a pic of the stove thermometer every 20 minutes or something to show exactly how long the burn lasts and at what temps.

I plan to start a dedicated Dutchwest Everburn users thread soon (hopefully I'm not the only one??). Unfortunately my digital camera broke last week and I'm waiting for a good deal to come along before buying a new one. I've got lots of operating info for the Dutchwest from personal experience and from CFM technicians. I've also got a copy of the official service manual in pdf format which details (with pictures) how to take the stove completely apart if you ever need to (for cleaning or repair). I'll post all of this in the future thread.

tradergordo said:
Well, I just did my first "everburn" burn this weekend. It works great. Since I'm a rookie, I really don't know how it compares in the real world to other stoves. For example, my friend has a quadrafire - the thing I like about his stove is that you don't have to do anything special to get to secondary burn mode, just load it up and go away. With my Dutchwest you pretty much have to do exactly what the instruction manual tells you for everburn to work. You start the fire with the bypass open (from what I understand, this is similar to how you use a cat stove). Once you have a nice 2" thick bed of coals toward the back (the throat opening in the lower, center, back to be specific) then you load it will fresh splits, wait a few minutes for the new wood to light, then close the bypass to start the secondary burn.

The heat output was great even with a small amount of wood (its not cold enough yet for me to do serious heating). I did not load the firebox full, I turned Mr. Everburn on at 10PM, cut the air down to just about 25% and monitored it for about an hour. The flue temps stayed steady above 500. Temperature outside was 30's, inside it got up to 75. I checked the fire at 3:30AM and it was still burning, house nice and warm upstairs and down (very open floorplan).

By morning it was just ashes and nothing left burning. Like I said, I didn't fill the firebox, I will test the limits when it gets cold, which probably won't be for another few weeks or so. I have a cheesy little low-res wireless camera that can take snapshots at any time interval you specify, so if there is interest, when I actually test the max burntime I can set it up to take a pic of the stove thermometer every 20 minutes or something to show exactly how long the burn lasts and at what temps.

I plan to start a dedicated Dutchwest Everburn users thread soon (hopefully I'm not the only one??). Unfortunately my digital camera broke last week and I'm waiting for a good deal to come along before buying a new one. I've got lots of operating info for the Dutchwest from personal experience and from CFM technicians. I've also got a copy of the official service manual in pdf format which details (with pictures) how to take the stove completely apart if you ever need to (for cleaning or repair). I'll post all of this in the future thread.

Next time cut your air back more. A 500 flue temp is pretty high. Try tweaking it to around 300-400 for better efficiency. It will take some time to get use to your stove. And yes we are all interested in pictures!

I have a New Defiant.
I just got the bugs out and she's purrin like a kitten! Once we get some colder weather I will get some #'s for ya.

PG

Status
Not open for further replies.