Anyone else have roasted family for Christmas dinner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep..wifes relatives all make decent money but you will freeze in their house's.
They say it's to hot here..lol..I think that's because I'm the only one heating with wood they are just too cheap to be warm..and of course they think they are saving the planet also by being cold..lol...you know the type..teachers and the like.

Reactions: lopiliberty
Isn't it funny how this works? My neighbor is also a 24/7 burner, he has a big jotul heating almost 2k sq ft without really trying, yes, I have stove envy of that beast of a stove. We went to his house xmas eve and EVERYONE was complaining how hot it was! After walking a few houses down, coming in from the ice/snow muck, my hubby and I were very comfortable and yet he was running around opening the windows. We know he's a burner so unlike at my sister's and father's house, where we had dressed in layers earlier in the evening, we stopped home to change first knowing how toasty it would be :) I'll take warm to the bone wood heat over pay through the nose oil heat ANY day. Yeah, so what, there is sawdust around and little bits of bark on my floor but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Had the family over for Christmas eve and Christmas day. I'm the only wood burner of the bunch. The house was ranging between 70 and 73, and of course I had to hear about how hot it was! They all keep their thermostats under 65. I kindly suggested they remove their sweaters, sweatshirts, etc.

I didn't load the stove Christmas morning to avoid more "it's hot in here" stuff. Around 11:00 am I caught my sister backing up to the still warm stove. "I'm getting used to your hot house", she says. So, I throw another load on the fire.

I had roasted family for Christmas dinner. Oh yeah, also had beef roast cooked on the stove with pototoes, onions, and carrots. Good stuff!

Happy Holidays!
My children who have never been in our new home with wood heat before....each took turns falling asleep on the floor in front of the fire like our cats do. They loved it at 76!

I had a couple non burning buddies come over last sunday to split and stack. After a few hours of that, it was time to reward them for their work with some cold beers and warm fire. They both though the heat was intense. One guy said he usually needs to take a hot shower to warm up after beeing out side at his place. People really like the heat quickly radiating into them.

I'll take warm to the bone wood heat over pay through the nose oil heat ANY day. Yeah, so what, there is sawdust around and little bits of bark on my floor but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Yep, i have the trail of debris from the sunroom to stove of wood bits! I like the look of a working stove house.

Reactions: Hearth Mistress
Yep..wifes relatives all make decent money but you will freeze in their house's.
They say it's to hot here..lol..I think that's because I'm the only one heating with wood they are just too cheap to be warm..and of course they think they are saving the planet also by being cold..lol...you know the type..teachers and the like.
Hey! I am a teacher and not a tree hugger...do not lump us together please.

My children who have never been in our new home with wood heat before....each took turns falling asleep on the floor in front of the fire like our cats do. They loved it at 76!

My children love running around the house in their undies in the middle of winter. Actually, so do I. ;em

My children love running around the house in their undies in the middle of winter. Actually, so do I. ;em
While maybe not in our underwear, we do call it the "wood stove wardrobe" t-shirts and shorts :)

While maybe not in our underwear, we do call it the "wood stove wardrobe" t-shirts and shorts :)
funny you say that...I was walking around in my soccer shorts and no socks...bragging to my kids how much fun it is to do this in 28 degree weather.

Hey! I am a teacher and not a tree hugger...do not lump us together please.
Sorry bout that!
I did get her on the tree burning deal.
I told her wood is renewable and the oil she burning is not..then I got that look from the wife..her sister.

Sorry bout that!
I did get her on the tree burning deal.
I told her wood is renewable and the oil she burning is not..then I got that look from the wife..her sister.
Try and get the uneducated educators to believe that there is more board footage of timber in the USA than when the country was founded...they look at you like you are a crazed lunatic

Try and get the uneducated educators to believe that there is more board footage of timber in the USA than when the country was founded...they look at you like you are a crazed lunatic
I heard that before but didn't know if it was true..cool.

Between the stove, the cooking, and all the other hot air, we had steamed family for Christmas. Was so bad that the windows in the dining room and kitchen were all fogged up. Most pf the complaining was actually from my wife and son. I think the guests were enjoying being warm for a change.

Reactions: Hearth Mistress

Boxer shorts and T-shirt here . . . which means if you knock on the front door you need to give me a minute or two to get decent.

Reactions: etiger2007
Status
Not open for further replies.