Anyone else still burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It’s only been in the 40s last 2 days almost June 1st thought is was done lugging pellets from the basement.

Yup, this storm has us burning at the lowest levels, keeping the house at 72. Yesterday the wind and rain made 48 feel so much colder.

-1c/30f and I put the stove on this am and yesterday am...run for a couple hours then off

I think I will make it with five bags to spare for the season. I guess if July turns cold, I am ready.

A couple of weeks ago, I thought pellet season was over, but in the Hudson Valley NY it turned cold to around 45 degrees,
so I had to make a trip to TSC to get some. All they had was Green Supreme (ugh!). Weather forecast tells me it will still be
cold for a couple of days. This is unusual, but not unprecedented.

Today we hit 54F, twenty six degrees below normal; so we fired up the pellet stove again today, and will tomorrow morning, but I presume that's it. One bag in the hopper and TWO more in the basement, that's cutting it close.

Reactions: vinny11950
I had to burn some yesterday and will burn some more tonight. I think that will leave me 8 bags left over.
Ron

Been burning in the P43 since Friday. Today will be the warmest day since Thursday (mid 50's projected) and with the heavy overcast/rain, no solar gain. Getting ready to put in another bag as soon as I'm off the 'net.

Leaves me with a little less than 1.5 tons in the basement - I don't know if I'll make it without resorting to the boiler ;):)

• Haha
I'm just dreading the cost of pellets this fall. With everything going way up, I bet pellets follows suit. Field corn here is $7.25 a bushel. Dread thinking about that aspect too.

• Wow
Been running the propane furnace off and on (mostly off). Both bottles are topped off anyway.

Just an hour on the cool mornings to take the chill out and maybe a short time in the evenings if the wife is cold. I’d rather do that than run the furnace

Reactions: Washed-Up
Just a week later, 92F and don't need an ignitor -- just leave a handful of pellets in the sun and they'll burst into flame on their own.

Just a week later, 92F and don't need an ignitor -- just leave a handful of pellets in the sun and they'll burst into flame on their own.

Yeah, starting Saturday the high temps temps were 92, 92, 93 then 94. Yesterday we got a break and it only got up to 89. At least this morning the low is finally at a place that opening windows will cool the place off.