Anyone ever hear of this place????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
As I was doing my search for DEALS on wood stoves I found this tonight.

Wood Stove Glass Replacement
Price: Please contact Ad ID: 139596108
Visits: 33

Address: Chicago, IL, 60601
Date Listed: Jul-03-09

ABOUT THE GLASS:
ROBAX Glass-Ceramic is rated at 1400’F. This is the material of choice for manufacturers of quality wood stoves, cook tops and fireplaces. You may want to get it in black for your cook top, or transparent to admire the beauty of the flames in your wood stove.
WHY IS THIS GLASS RECOMMENDED?
Manufacturers use this glass because of the high margin of protection it lends to users of their appliances. Robax Glass-Ceramic is not only rated at 1400’F, but it also is resistant to Thermal Shock. This means that the glass won’t crack if you spill water on it while it is hot (see picture with red outline: the glass has been heated and then a cold beer was poured on it, with no stress or breakage, as seen in the following picture).
WHY NOT USING TEMPERED GLASS IN MY WOOD STOVE?
On a positive note, tempered glass is quite resistant to impact, so it’s suitable for furniture and shower doors. However, its heat resistance is limited to 500’F. You may find tempered glass in a low-efficiency electric fireplace meant to reach no more than 450’F. A wood stove gets a lot hotter than that. When Tempered Glass is pushed beyond its 500'F threshold, it crumbles into tiny cubes, but since the pressure inside the firebox is higher, this breakage will seem like an explosion, with tiny cubes of hot glass, embers and ashes flying all over the room, damaging carpet or furniture, and generating a mess.
If a glazier offers you tempered glass as an alternative for a high heat application, beware: he doesn’t know what he’s doing.
HOW DO I GET THE REPLACEMENT (S) I NEED?
I am in the business of selling Glass-Ceramic, but first and foremost, I have to be honest with you: The easiest way is to get your manual, identify the corresponding part number and call the manufacturer. If their price is reasonable, don’t think twice: go for it, but while you have them on the phone, get the measurements and thickness of the glass you need. Once you have the measurements, please call us at 1800-262-9600 or e-mail us at [email protected] -You'll be glad you did. Please include your name, the model and make of your appliance, measurements required and the glass color of your choice, as well as your ZIP (or “Postal”) Code to calculate shipping costs. If you live in the Toronto area, you can bring the frame to our warehouse or simply pick up your order.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT TO GET MY GLASS?
5 to 7 business days, depending on your location. WE SHIP TO ALL CITIES IN THE U.S.
PAYMENT METHODS:
Major credit cards, certified cheques, PayPal, and money orders. Cash is accepted only when picking up at our warehouse.
WAREHOUSE LOCATION:
92 Railside Rd. Toronto, ON M3A1A3 Canada.
If driving, we are East of the DVP and Lawrence, South of Lawrence, or West of Victoria Park and Lawrence, South of Lawrence.
Francisco Castillo
[email protected]
1800-262-9600

Images

View larger image
View larger image
View larger image

Has anyone ever heard of this place or order from them before? This is the first time I ever seen this add. Who knows maybe they are a good deal.Take care everyone.

THANKS FOR INFO :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.