Anyone ever seen one of these?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trktrd

Feeling the Heat
Nov 12, 2010
Arkansas
Maybe I'm crazy, but I just gotta have this thing. Found it on CL. Coolest wood stove I've ever seen! cool stove.jpg

Getting it tomorrow, can't wait! Details to come.

Had to pass on it. WAAAY too much stove for me. That thing would eat a whole tree in a matter of hours. Turns out they came from Nebraska where they were used to heat poultry houses. So the "cool factor" was negated by the "OMG this thing is enormous" factor.

Had to pass on it. WAAAY too much stove for me. That thing would eat a whole tree in a matter of hours. Turns out they came from Nebraska where they were used to heat poultry houses. So the "cool factor" was negated by the "OMG this thing is enormous" factor.
The turkeys called fowl on them. ;)

I was eyeing the rungs on the ladder hung on the wall behind the stove, and wondering how perspective was going to work on that. It looks like it could be 30" diameter, or larger.

I'd say about 4' in diameter and a little over 5' high. Much bigger than it seems in the picture.

My Uncle was the manufacturer of Lincoln stoves. That model was called the "Papa Potbelly" it was designed to be used in large shops/garages. There was one in a local mechanics shop in the town I grew up in that would keep that entire building uncomfortably warm in even the coldest weather.
There was also a "Momma Mushroom" model that was a pedestal base mushroom shaped unit. Visualize half of the round unit pictured above. They were great for homes, My parents and grandparents still have them in their homes today.
There was a thirds "fireplace insert" model as well. We had one in our place as far back as I can remember.

All three models worked extremely well!

if the OP is still around, what part of the country was that Craigslist ad posted?

Reactions: D. Hermit
I have a neighbor that had one many years ago.

Stove-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
His decor is the same as my freshman dorm room.

Reactions: nathan125
Here's mine, works REALLY well. It's in my basement and I have it connected to my '22 Royal and it's awesome... very powerful stove. To my knowledge it was a prototype that never never took off, can anyone confirm?
IMG_0870.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's mine, works REALLY well. It's in my basement and I have it connected to my '22 Royal and it's awesome... very powerful stove. To my knowledge it was a prototype that never never took off, can anyone confirm?
View attachment 215978
Note that only one appliance is to be connected to the chimney. Also the clearance to combustibles for this stove are 36" all directions.

My Uncle was the manufacturer of Lincoln stoves. That model was called the "Papa Potbelly" it was designed to be used in large shops/garages. There was one in a local mechanics shop in the town I grew up in that would keep that entire building uncomfortably warm in even the coldest weather.
There was also a "Momma Mushroom" model that was a pedestal base mushroom shaped unit. Visualize half of the round unit pictured above. They were great for homes, My parents and grandparents still have them in their homes today.
There was a thirds "fireplace insert" model as well. We had one in our place as far back as I can remember.

All three models worked extremely well!

if the OP is still around, what part of the country was that Craigslist ad posted?
Are you still looking for a Lincoln Stove?

We have one, and would like another one. Anyone know where one for sale is?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 2,511
Here's mine.. picked it up in South Dakota this winter for a mere $400! Previous buyer sanded it down to metal and then decided it was too big for his house.. I got a bit carried away painting it up a bit much and now its my shop stove. Keeping this unicorn forever haha. and yes, Lincolns face is painted in high temp copper;)

Attachments

• IMG_5734.JPG
    IMG_5734.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 3,222
Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
every time i see one of these i'm expecting to see someone's face thru the glass