Anyone got any info on this old stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious

Oct 20, 2015
Canada
Hi everyone.....I was given this cool old cast iron stove. After the application of a little bit of love and a new door gasket, I now have this stove working perfectly. I'm just trying to get any info on it like how old it is, etc. The toploader lid has "Faber, Voorwarden, Holland" stamped on it, but after talking to the company, they claim that their records don't go far back enough to tell me anything about this stove! It's 2 separate pieces: The piece with the door sits atop the piece with the vents.....can anyone help!

Thanks all!! Anyone got any info on this old stove?

I forgot to mention....the entire vent panel folds down to reveal a tray which catches the ashes for easier cleaning!

With the low air intake it looks more like a coal stove. I would post the picture also here: http://nepacrossroads.com/

As an unlisted stove it needs to have 36" clearance to combustibles on all sides which can eventually be reduced to 12" with ventilated wall shields. There is a good wiki article here for that but I cannot find it right now. This pdf essentially contains the same info: http://www.maine.gov/dps/fmo/documents/standardsfor_solidfuel_stoves.pdf
Thanks for the info....I'll go post a picture there as well. It has a Warnock-Hersey certification plate on it so maybe they can help me with the ID. After further investigation, it does appear to be a coal stove, because of the shaker grate and ash pan, plus like you said, the venting is under the fire, not at fire level.

Thanks Grisu, appreciate the info.

Last edited:
Cool design.

Status
Not open for further replies.