Anyone have any pics of the side heat shields installed on a P68?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have them on my P38. Hard to tell they are on. There was a site that showed them, can't find it now.. .

There are holes/slots at the top of each plate, can't really see them unless you bend over, it creates an an air gap, so the heat flows out of the holes

Attachments

• Anyone have any pics of the side heat shields installed on a P68?
    IMG_0622 (800x600).jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 276
So obviously, the sides of the heat shields are hot, right? But not as hot as coming directly from the stove?

The tolerances to combustibles are less, so I'm thinking they're not as warm?

You are right on all

OK, thanks. I think I may end up getting the pair. I don't need them, but would help make the case for the 80" TV vs. 70". :)

I never sold a set but I would think they would help a small child save a layer of skin in case of an accident.

Eric

Is there any performance loss with these installed, or are these stoves rated by the heat pushed out through the combustion fan?

The only way I can see a performance loss is if there is more heat pushed out of the combustion blower and lost through the venting.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.