anyone have experience with stuv brand .any good?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We don't see a lot of Stuv threads, but I don't recall any serious issues reported with them.

We put in a Stuv 1668z last April. We probably have 100 fires in it so far! We had a shallow depth to deal with where we wanted to install the stove, so Stuv was the answer. It's beautiful. My wife was hesitant to go with wood vs. gas, but tells me regularly how happy she is that we went with wood.

The only downside I see with the 16z is that you can't load it up and have it run all night. Too small for that. But we knew that going in. Our space limited the options.

As for Stuv itself, it lights easy, looks gorgeous, throws some good heat. Seems very well built.

Reactions: torpesco
daughters place is small 800sqft so don't need large stove. her old fireplace showing age stuv looks nice and it's size looks like it would fit her fireplace opening .glad to hear it seems to be good quality

fireplaxe - 1.jpeg

Reactions: torpesco
was thinking of replacing old fireplace with a stuv just wondering if there any good
We installed a Stuv July 2021, absolutely thrilled…..for about a month, when the dramas started, replacement parts, some incorrect , corrosion . Looks truly are deceiving. I’ve got pics on FB Faulty Fireplace.