Anyone have trouble with Lowes Iris Tstat not reading correct temp below 33 Degs F?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

I had a surprise this morning, when the shed temp dropped below 33 Degs F the Tstat registered -73 Deg F ! ! ! After turning the T-stat on using the iPhone and the shed warmed up to 33 Degs with the pellet stove it seemed to be reading correctly.

The temperature in the shed when it was reading -73 Degs was actually 30 Degs according to the remote thermometer.

Does anyone else see this problem?

See my 1st thread for reference.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...off-cupon-good-till-2-16.140045/#post-1888946

see pics below

Click pics to Enlarge.

Attachments

• CorrectTemperature.JPG
    CorrectTemperature.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 190
  • IphoneAppTemp.jpg
    IphoneAppTemp.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 159
  • IphoneTStat.jpg
    IphoneTStat.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 158
  • TempChartShowsIssue.jpg
    TempChartShowsIssue.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 172
  • WorksAt22DegsNotBelow (1).jpg
    WorksAt22DegsNotBelow (1).jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 165
  • WorksAt22DegsNotBelow (2).jpg
    WorksAt22DegsNotBelow (2).jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Hello

Yes, I called Lowe's Iris support and they updated the firmware to the Iris Hub to version V4.05R06.
This issue was reported at 11:00 PM 2/6/2015 when the outside temp was 5 Deg F and the inside temp was 32 Deg F. The Iris TStat read incorrectly -71.0 Deg.

After our Iris Hub firmware was remotely upgraded to the new version firmware, then a refresh of the Iphone App and Web Page, the inside temp read correctly 32.0 Degs F. ! ! !

PROBLEM RESOLVED ! ! !

See pic below.

Click to Enlarge.

Attachments

• IssueResolveSeeTemp.jpg
    IssueResolveSeeTemp.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.