anyone here from Kamloops, BC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stircrazy

Dec 6, 2011
BC, Canada
who knows so good places around here to go wood cutting?

I have only been living here for 2 years and just recently got set up on wood heat, so I am looking for some of the better areas for accesability close by to go cut dead fall and dead standing.

Steve

Not many BC residents on this forum and the few of us seem to be spread out pretty far away from each other.
On my few trips to Kamloops I always noticed that the closer I got to there the orange-er the forests got with all the beetle kill pine. You shouldn't have too much problem finding a spot where you can plunk yourself down and cut to your hearts desire.
Always nice to have someone to cut with though.

Carbon_Liberator said:
Not many BC residents on this forum and the few of us seem to be spread out pretty far away from each other.
On my few trips to Kamloops I always noticed that the closer I got to there the orange-er the forests got with all the beetle kill pine. You shouldn't have too much problem finding a spot where you can plunk yourself down and cut to your hearts desire.
Always nice to have someone to cut with though.

ya, I just have to learn what is gov land (where I can cut) and which is private or reserve land (where I can't cut).

aparently there is lots of fir available if you know where to go as the is a lot of kill from the moth that went through.

Steve

Does it count if I've heard of Kamloops? I spent most of a summer when I was in college with a great family at Bridge River (near Lillooet). I went through a program with North American Indigenous Ministries (http://www.naim.ca). It's hard to believe that it's been about 20 years since then. The mountains that you guys have in BC make the mountains in Pennsylvania look like hills. I'd like to get back to BC some time but I don't know if it will happen or not.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't kamloop

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't kamloop a trout? :)

wishlist said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't kamloop a trout? :)

not quite, there is a Kamloops rainbow trout and there are some differences between the regular rainbows and these ones. the lakes in this area are awsome for fishing..

Steve

stircrazy said:
who knows so good places around here to go wood cutting?

I have only been living here for 2 years and just recently got set up on wood heat, so I am looking for some of the better areas for accesability close by to go cut dead fall and dead standing.

Steve

The local Provincial Forestry Office should be able to give you a map along with a permit for areas you can cut in. I think that office is some where between the University and Wall Mart.
I'm located in Port McNeill.
Happy wood cutting :exclaim:

Status
Not open for further replies.