anyone in western mass ??????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
know a reliable person to get good seasoned wood?
i just got some that was 2yr seasones and is hissing in my fireplace
everyone i seem to call is telling me their stuff is seasones but they have recently split it (thats what i was told from the guy i got it from too)
i am looking for someone who has the real good dry stuff

Get ahold of the owner of Squier Lumber. His name is Kevin. He deals mostly in pellet stoves but would probably be a decent starting point for finding good wood. He used to post here alot but hasn't been much lately.

Shane said:
Get ahold of the owner of Squier Lumber. His name is Kevin. He deals mostly in pellet stoves but would probably be a decent starting point for finding good wood. He used to post here alot but hasn't been much lately.

yeah what happened to him??

I don't mean to throw water on your wood but...
It is very late in the year to try to get dry seasoned cordwood- The (very, very few) wood dealers that sell really good, seasoned (real- two year old split) firewood in this area, had sold their good stuff out by august.
I know cuz I bought 2 cords of (real- cut, split and stored covered, 2 years ago) from a teacher at the Middle School in August- after I got it, I wanted two more a couple of weeks later- "All gone".
I drive by piles of logs here and there- then they split them up and deliver them- they ain't dry !
There is a very large wood processor in Westmoreland NH ('TreeHuggers')- pumps out hundereds of cords a week, they advertise so much for green and another price for 'seasoned'- it all come out the end of the same wood processing machine that same week.

If you find a good source- stick with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.