Anyone know something about alkylate gas?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WiscWoody

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2011
Winter WI
I haven’t run my new 592XP nor the new 372XP either but I saw this tonight on a chainsaw site saying the 592 was designed to run on alkylate fuel and I e never heard of it before. Here’s the copy and paste of what was said-

The Husqvarna 592 XP is designed to run on premixed alkylate fuel, which contains fewer harmful chemicals than regular gasoline and helps keep the engine components clean over time.

I’ll have to check the manual to see what fuel I’m supposed to run in it. I usually use 91 octane non oxygenated gas at about 45:1 mix with good quality two stroke oil. Both saws will probably be ported soon like most of my other pro saws are.

From the manual. Premium non-ethanol gas is fine.

Premixed fuel• Use Husqvarna premixed alkylate fuel for best performance and extension of the engine life. This fuel contains less harmful chemicals compared to regular fuel, which decreases harmful exhaust fumes. The quantity of remains after combustion is lower with this fuel, which keeps the components of the engine more clean. To mix fuel Gasoline• Use good quality unleaded gasoline with a maximum of 10% ethanol contents.

Reactions: WiscWoody
Aspen is one company that makes the aykylate fuel