Anyone milling today? Resaw with mini mill.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trundle said:
thanks jay. add another toy to the list...

lol, yep and affordable! :coolsmile:

speaking of toys, ran into a guy y-day out of the blue who asked if I might want to buy his like new stihl 361 for 250 bucks. gonna check it out tomorrow. Heck of a deal.

smokinjay said:
Mini Mill with a 192t cutting out beams. 4 inch think ash. Hated the mini mill as a log first cut but as a re-saw too its pretty sweet, and the narrow kerf of the 192t its a nice little set-up.

Smokin, nice work with the mini mill.

Zap

Side that the mini cut.

Attachments

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 124
10 foot ash beam. 4x6

Attachments

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 131
Trundle said:
speaking of toys, ran into a guy y-day out of the blue who asked if I might want to buy his like new stihl 361 for 250 bucks. gonna check it out tomorrow. Heck of a deal.

Thats a Sthil! Fun intended.... lol

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Mini Mill with a 192t cutting out beams. 4 inch think ash. Hated the mini mill as a log first cut but as a re-saw too its pretty sweet, and the narrow kerf of the 192t its a nice little set-up.

Smokin, nice work with the mini mill.

Zap

Thanks Zap almost gave up on the mini...

smokinjay said:
Side that the mini cut.

Wow.... That's damn close to the cut I get with Lenox 3/4 varitooth .035 gauge bimetal bands.

Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Side that the mini cut.

Wow.... That's damn close to the cut I get with Lenox 3/4 varitooth .035 gauge bimetal bands.

Gide Broad is 1/4 inch off the cut. Makes it pretty easy set-up and yes it looks good. (for a chain saw)

Status
Not open for further replies.