Anyone replace by-pass assembly on F3500 or F5200 yet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ShaneMac

Sep 28, 2021
Ontario
Looking at picking up a used F3500 but the bypass assembly has some sag and worried about getting a proper seal. Manual shows it easy enough to remove but not having much luck finding a part number. Have asked two dealers but no response yet on finding a price. Curious if anyone happens to know a part number or a price etc?

IMG_6040.jpg

@bholler might have the price book and part #.

I can probably look it up later. I haven't changed one on a used one yet just new ones with Regency training.

Finally found a parts list but no price yet, probably tomorrow.

051-211 Cast bypass door
051-221 Cast bypass frame

I had a quick peek from thru the top but nothing stuck out so maybe could get away with just a new frame.

Now I'm wishing I took the shield off the catalyst to look for any damage there.

I am planning on getting a midwest hearth cat from amazon. Have you ever seen any damage in the cat area due to an over fire?

I am planning on getting a midwest hearth cat from amazon. Have you ever seen any damage in the cat area due to an over fire?
Looks like the part# for the F3500 and F5200 is the same. Have you confirmed theirs fits? I took a quick measure of my F5200's from the grill side (forgot when I had the stove pipe off) and its bigger than what they list online.

For the cat? Not 100% sure yet but I will be double checking. I got the prices back on the cast door and frame and its not too bad but they suggested I walk away if it was hot enough to melt the cast pieces.