Anyone used a remote BBQ thermometer to monitor stove and flue temperature?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We must think alike, I recently picked up a Arduino uno (clone) and a MAX 31855 thermocouple amp and a LCD display.
Thinking about doing the same thing.
I have not got very far with programming, about all I have done is to read the temp in ::C from the serial monitor.
Do you have any programming done, perhaps you would be willing to share your code?

A bit off topic, I recently added a little mod that allows me to control the secondary air. Sometimes when I
put in a full load of dry oak the the temp takes off, if the temp starts going over 725-750 I can close the secondary
air down some and the temps come down pretty quick. It has 2 magnets to hold it up against the stove bottom and
2 washers on the back to guide it, a rod controls it from the left side of the stove.
DSCF1027.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF1027.JPG
    DSCF1027.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 253
We must think alike, I recently picked up a Arduino uno (clone) and a MAX 31855 thermocouple amp and a LCD display.
Thinking about doing the same thing.
I have not got very far with programming, about all I have done is to read the temp in ::C from the serial monitor.
Do you have any programming done, perhaps you would be willing to share your code?

Unfortunately, no programming.. I have asked on other forum for some sample code.

I'm gonna try my hand at starting out with manual control. I won an ebay auction on a cheap linear actuator and the controller. Not sure if I can leverage the inputs on the controller for use with a PID but not concerned about that right now.

This is just the lazy part of me wanting to control the air from across the room. :) My biggest concern is if the actuator will be too fast at 5.2mm/sec.

maZoNYpN0NNmNBcklvl1riA.jpg

$_57.JPG