Appalachian 32-BW Catalyst Probe Length Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Foundry Rat

Apr 7, 2017
Glocester RI
Hello,

I have a new Appalachian model 32-BW freestanding wood stove. This is my first catalyst equipped stove.

When I purchased it the catalyst probe was in a box on top of the stove. It is a Condar model 3-194. The probe is 2.5" long and 1/4" diameter.

I am on about my 6th burn and the temperature measured at the catalyst probe has never gone past 400 degrees F. The probe appears to be too short and probe end is at least 2-3" away from catalyst assembly.

I think this the probe should be 4" or 6" so it is closer to catalyst and would measure temperature accurately. Does anyone know the correct probe length for this stove?

Cheers
John

IMG_0169.JPG IMG_0170.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an older model. 32BW phase 1.

I just ordered a 6” probe from condar last night.

when it gets here I canpost pics if ur still looking for info

Also do you think you coule send copy of your owners manual?

Attachments

• C67CFB83-F4F9-4AEB-AD3D-A5C074D3DD12.jpeg
    C67CFB83-F4F9-4AEB-AD3D-A5C074D3DD12.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 190