• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

akcowboy

Jan 19, 2020
Ohio
I purchased an Appalachian 32 bw phase 1 off craigslist a few years back. Tag on the back says tested in 5/83.

I am looking to see if anyone has an owners manual for this stove. Even Appalachian themselves act like they have no idea where to find an owners manual to this stove

We have purchased all new glass. New damper assembly(which does not bolt up the same as the original). Had to do appalachians homework for them and make a new mounting system as the new parts didn’t come with a diagram since it bolts differently than the old damper.

any help would be appreciated.

here is a picture of the stove if this help!!

thanks!!!
AA6866A7-61E6-4D4B-A093-398C95BE6298.jpeg

Appalachian has been sold at least one time if not more since that stove was made, the new company will only support the stoves they make.

They sent us a damper assembly, cats and glass for this stove.
They claim they have to dig thru the archive to find a manual.
But I have a hard time getting this company to even answer the phone or return a phone call

any idea where to find a phase 2 damper for the 32 bw

No idea, as that is one old stove. You would have to find another one and hope the damper assembly is still good. I honestly would have put that money into a newer stove rather than rebuild an antique. Heck at the right time of year you can get a good sized Englander stove from lowes for $399.

No idea, as that is one old stove. You would have to find another one and hope the damper assembly is still good. I honestly would have put that money into a newer stove rather than rebuild an antique. Heck at the right time of year you can get a good sized Englander stove from lowes for $399.

Is this a catslytic stove?

Appalachian stove (willow creek hearth) got ahold of me and they got me a copy of a newer 32. I am assuming it is the 32BW phase 2.
Not much has changed from what I can see with the phase 1 to the phase 2.
Other than the damper assembly updated and the door is updated.

I will try to post what I was sent so anyone that needs it can have it

It's double sided so the pages are backwards and out of order lol.

Attachments

• Appalachain stove manual 2.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 1,030
  • Appalachain stove manual 1.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 887