Appliance Adapter a Must?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P43pig

Nov 9, 2013
MA
I have a dvent 3pvp-adhp appliance adapter but I could really use the extra space by not using it and just connecting a 45 to the stove. I'm guessing its a must because by the looks of it if you just put a regular piece of pipe,45,90 or t on there is a chance for the exhaust gases to blow between the liners.
Silicone(on inside) and the oring should seal it but the lip will be pointing right into the flow...not good.
Just curious if everyone runs an adapter or not...and if not if they noticed anything

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 101
Use one of these from napa. Cut some off of each end. Works great on a harman. Along with the adapter.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384381171782.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384381171782.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 148
Use one of these from napa. Cut some off of each end. Works great on a harman. Along with the adapter.
I'm trying to get closer to the stove not further away. I have an adapter, it works fine it just pushes my 45 away from the stove a few inches...and a few inches in a corner install is like x2

I wouldn't want to sacrifice a good seal to save a little space. But it could work with some hi temp silicon
And put the pipe on. Not the way I would do it IMO.

The OP is asking about the appliance adapter for the exhaust venting. I assume the picture you posted is for the OAK.
Do you really want to take a chance of the exhaust gases entering your home? Do it right and use the appliance adapter

I ran a stove for two years without one. I had a tee directly on the exhaust and never had a problem. When I got my new stove I used an adapter. Reason I didn't the first time was mainly because I didn't know any better and the adapter I had would not fit over my stoves exhaust no matter what I tried. I think it was an issue with my former stove, POS! Anyway the tee slid on perfectly, put on silicone(which I still do now that I do use an adapter), and never had any issues. Regardless, if you can I would use the adapter

Reactions: chriscarl
Status
Not open for further replies.