appliance for removing inserts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold Mo

Dec 21, 2008
SW MO
Anyone have a suggestion how I can build or where I can purchase an item that will allow me to easily slide my wood inserts out for cleaning? A mobile sliding track that could be slid under the insert could work, but I haven't been able to find such a thing. Appreciate any suggestions. Paying to have my inserts cleaned is expensive and I'm getting too long in the tooth to do a whole lot of physical stuff.

Chimney supply companies will sell you a insert puller and they are great. But they run from five to eight hundred bucks apiece.

Can you install the insert in a way you don't have to remove it for cleaning? This is the ideal setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.