Are there any realtors here? Very frustrated...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no realtor, but I've dealt with a few. Sometimes they can be quite shady, if you know what I mean.

My brother has a real estate license, maybe I could run a question past him.

There's a whole wealth of intelligence on this site, maybe somebody else will weigh in here.

ilmbg said:
I have questions about realtor practices in Wyoming. I have a house for sale, and am pretty shocked at the lack of professionalism here.
I would like to 'talk' with someone in the business.

Thanks

As a member of (NAR) National Association of Realtors, Realtors are educated/trained to a higher standard in code of ethics.

Professionalism can be defined in many ways, but is mostly associated with the level of experience. I sometimes use the term competence.

There are rules and regulation that are State specific but in general a transaction is a transaction is a transaction.

What’s your question?

We put our house up for sale in march of 04. Our realtor had one showing in 8 weeks. She agreed to get out of contract and we interviewed 4 realtors. 3 selling in the neighborhood and 1 recommended. The experience of the recommended realtor won out and she sold it in 4 weeks. I don't know if you have availability like that but it worked well for us.
We had all ranks represented with the other 3. One was flashy, one was a little too intellegent, the third.... well hmm?
The gal we chose had been through a down market before. Funny thing was she actually raised the price on our house and got it.. Go figure.

Peace. I'll add this was in Denver metro.

Status
Not open for further replies.