Aries 35 Fireplace - Pilot (IPI) pilot sparks, but does not light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dc922

Jan 19, 2022
Home
Hello, I have an aries 35 ren IPI fireplace with a new pilot that sparks a few times, but doesn't light. I can sometimes smell gas for a moment when the pilot sparks so I believe there is gas getting to the pilot. Also, the pilot only sparks by using the battery pack which I recently replaced so not sure if there could be some sort of issue with not enough voltage or maybe there isn't enough gas getting to the pilot? I'm not sure what else could be the issue and how to further troubleshoot a valve or voltage issue. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

Wow just bought "new" batteries and after testing them with a meter confirmed they were almost dead. Went to the store and bought 4 new duracell and it lit right up! Is there a way to keep the pilot on without the batteries? As soon as I take one out the pilot goes out.

I am not at all familiar with your unit, so bear with me.
Is there a transformer that puts 3 volts to the module?
If so, check to see if it has power & also that it IS putting out 3VDC.

A year later, but figured out the AC adapter was bad due to overheating. Also, had the backup battery pack overheat. Any idea why the wiring would be getting so hot underneath?