Article on Pellet Stoves and Pellet Supplies in the Northeast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Hearth Supporter
Nice summary. Thanks for posting. Englander might take a bit of an exception with the misspelling of their company name, but at least they got a picture of their product in the news.

The little bit about blowing in pellets straight from the truck really caught my eye. That's great if they are starting to employ the Scandanavian approach.

The name of the company really is England's Stove Works, Inc. Their stoves carried by Lowe's and Home Depot are under the Summer's Heat name anyway. They are the exact same stoves sold under the Englander name. The Timber Ridge line is also.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I haven't seen them out here, but then I only go to Home Depot a couple times a year. (except for this year with the remodel!)

I'd love to see more people move towards a hopper in every basement approach. My basement already has the [old] coal bunker.

If we'd been able to auger coal into the furnace back in the day, we might still have it.
Steve

Hey, if you can get me pellets blown into a hopper in my basement to run a pellet stove or furnace from, for under 200/lb., I'll run out and buy a pellet stove this afternoon (if there are any left). In the meantime, pellets from my not-so local Wal-Mart, Home Despot, or Agway, are 250/lb., which is the approximate equivilant of 2.65/gal for oil... at which point, pellets lose. Looks like I'll be hauling 4 loads of wood up from the basement each day this winter!

-- Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.