Ash is great

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny. In town for errands and on one of the back roads just outside of city trees down everywhere in people's yards. Obviously they are making it wider for traffic. One house has four massive Osage trees felled. I stop, guy says he heats with wood, but may not be able to house all of it and his chainsaw just seized yesterday. Said he will give me a call if he doesn't want to mess with the big stuff. cords of wood there as they were all 30"+ trees. Sad they just cut them down too. Would love a phone call.

image.jpg
I agree with yes and no. Osage represents a very small slice of the total tree pie down here. It's only found in old hedge rows most of which were long destroyed for agricultural expansion. For example I have a few thousand acres to cut from and so far I have only run across one Osage. It's the last one remaining on an old hedge row and I hate to cut it down being the only one on the property.
Osage is around a little here in MD. I know a guy who has a huge hedge row in front of his home. The power company had to take down a few leaners. He let me take a bunch but wanted me to leave a split pile for him. He doesn't give it to me anymore. He went and put a insert in his fireplace Now he just wants to borrow my splitter...

Reactions: D8Chumley
Status
Not open for further replies.