Ash pan "nesting"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pete317

Feb 7, 2018
Ohio
Again I'm new to this but I'm pretty sure there isn't supposed to be a "nest" of hot pellets on the ash tray in my englander 25 vdc I've seen some videos on people having the same problems but not getting any results with mine, is it normal to have to open the door and clean these off every 8 hours or so?

I'm not sure about that model but I have a 25ep. When I first got the stove pellets would bounce right out or over the pot and I'd end up with a pile burning in front of the door. I welded 1" steel around 3 sides of the burn pot and most pellets stay contained .

The pdvc has a flat burn plate that when it is burning correctly it will have a half moon shaped pile of glowing embers and flame as they burn down they will form a pile of ash outside of the half moon. If you have hot pellets being pushed off of the plate its getting to much fuel or not enough air. Have you plugged the holes under the burn plate on each side? Whay setting are you running?

Reactions: Shane1