Ash rake?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
THx golf! OK, that's funny about your fire dragon thing because I just now started a fire from last night's coals by blowing on it just to see if I could do it. (so by some estimations, that's a 24 hr burn, right?) lol.
But anyway... will probably get a rake soon, but I am very intrigued by the fire dragon. Unfortunately I am way too cheap to spend $40 on it though. Wonder what I can find that might work... hmmmm.
http://www.plowhearth.com/product.asp?section_id=0&department=0&search_type=normal&search_value=fire dragon&cur;_index=&pcode=2917
10953.jpg

Made this a few years ago

Attachments

• P1010011 (2).jpg
    P1010011 (2).jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 405
  • P1010013 (2).jpg
    P1010013 (2).jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 409
Cool! Looks like something out of one of my kid's story books! I may have a blacksmith make one for me. I was wondering if it would be good to do a two sided one, one side with teeth or flip it and the other side is flat.

I bought a ash shovel at HD and Drilled a ton of 1/2" holes in the business end and trimmed the handle.

Basically its a metal cat box scopper!
Works great for sifting/seperating the coles from the ash.

Here is the one I made out of spatula that was made for an outdoor grill with a golf club grip on it. Just cut the bottom off it to expose the teeth then bent it in the vice by 90 degrees. I use it more than any tool I have. The handle could be a little longer when the stove is real hot. Then I use the the welder gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.