Ashford 25 vs Sirocco 25 weight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jedi

Nov 9, 2022
Maryland
So I notice that these 2 inserts are very similar, same firebox size and same heating specs, with one having a more traditional look and the other being a modern look. What I don't get is why does the Ashford weigh in at 415lbs while the Sirroco (and Princess) weigh 325lbs? This is from the brochure, so I imagine it is correct. What causes the weight differences?

I saw this the other day and thought for sure that the Blaze King folks would be responding promptly. I guess the holidays have been diverting folks, so I’ll take a stab at it, though I’m not an expert.

From what I understand of the freestanding stoves, the Ashford, Sirocco, and Chinook are all the same firebox, but the outside “skin” or cladding on each is different to give a different styling. The Ashford has a heavy cast iron cladding, while the Sirocco has bare steel on the top.

I assume that there is less of this cladding on the inserts but still enough to explain the weight different you notice in the promotional materials.

Again, I’m not an expert, but this is my best guess. I figured it was time for you at least to get a response. I’m hopeful someone more authoritative will chime in soon.

Reactions: Jedi
Texan's are always sharp and on the ball! The cast iron pieces is correct. Thank you for covering for me.

Reactions: Jedi