Ashford 30.1 installed 8 hours. Love it already. Thx Hearth.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nEWRfire

Jan 8, 2017
New Jersey
I've been a member of this forum since Jan 2017 and read it for a few months before hand. I never would have found out about blazeking if it wasn't for this forum - so thank you. Before i discovered hearth.com I was actually really frustrated with the lack of woodburning stove info and conflicting advice from showrooms. Some of you may remember my rookie questions. Expect more.

Why do I love the blazeking already. I started a small fire and when it was down to the coals I wanted to reload. I have read on here about the ease of reloading and burning new logs but never quite believed that it would work. I threw on some 15-18% moisture logs, had faith and in a few minutes they had taken. Wow.

I also love the blazeking customer service - I had a question about setting it up. Long story short, I bought the blazeking from a dealer who brought it to my door and I had to do/arrange the rest. I called blazeking and a friendly person answered - I told her why I was calling and she said oh you need to talk to 'dave' put me through to him and it sounded like he was in the middle of making a blazeking but he talked me through exactly what I needed to do.

Big shout out to Nick at Flue Tech Inc who did my chimney install today. Top professional and great service.

bk2.jpg bk1.jpg

Oh man. How much did they charge you?? I got a quote from Flue Tech for an Ashford 30 in Rockland. They were going to charge $5,000+stove. So I was looking at almost $9K total for the install. Since we might be moving in 2-5 years I decided to stick with my crappy fireplace and NG boiler for another year until we find out how long we are staying... But I doubt I would use Flue Tech. Seem good but overpriced. They also didn't want to do a interior pipe run. They would only run it externally.

Where did you get the stove? I asked several places around and Fireplace Etc. in Milford CT was cheapest at $3600 w/ fan kit.

Looks beautiful! I'm jealous.

Fluetech were the middle quote we got. One company charged us $100 for a quote and then wanted to charge us $8.5k for install. Fluetech were a lot lot cheaper than this. They installed ours internally about 30 feet of pipe. Bought blazeking from a different dealer for approx $3.4k

Nice install! I really like the stove pad, it's beautiful! Is it granite?

Fluetech were the middle quote we got. One company charged us $100 for a quote and then wanted to charge us $8.5k for install. Fluetech were a lot lot cheaper than this. They installed ours internally about 30 feet of pipe. Bought blazeking from a different dealer for approx $3.4k
What? Really? The high bidder wanted $8.5K plus stove?
FT wanted 25' to run outside. I measured everything up and it would need 16' chimney, 5.4' stove pipe to run inside, maybe 18-20' to run outside. 30ft sounds super high. Is that 3 floors or something?

Reactions: Squisher
$100 to provide a quote? I hope you told them what to do with that offer!

What? Really? The high bidder wanted $8.5K plus stove?
FT wanted 25' to run outside. I measured everything up and it would need 16' chimney, 5.4' stove pipe to run inside, maybe 18-20' to run outside. 30ft sounds super high. Is that 3 floors or something?

3 floors. Yep 8.5k without stove. Don't think they wanted the work.