Ashford 30 Smoke Smell, again

stoveliker

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2019
Eastern Long Island NY
And evidently you keep quite detailed records too - or you have a memory that deserves to be examined for its exceptional capabilities

jetsam

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2015
Long Island, NY
youtu.be
And evidently you keep quite detailed records too - or you have a memory that deserves to be examined for its exceptional capabilities
When I have a customer with a problem, whether it their fault or not, every single interaction and every single action taken gets documented.

When the person who has been dealing with the issue is on vacation, anyone else can read the notes and step right in. When the parts vendor needs the original purchase order for the lot in question, there it is. In the (very rare) case that the customer makes the claim that nobody wanted to help them.... it's all documented.

Sometimes it's a little bit of extra paperwork, but some people just reflexively claim that nobody has ever done anything to help them. At that point, instead of saying "this lady is crazy and I'm done with her", you can read off her file and recalibrate her back to reality.

It results in better outcomes for everyone, and I imagine it's standard practice in a lot of businesses.

BKVP

Minister of Fire
First, I remember anytime a customer has a problem with our products. The OP was very friendly and cooperative and appreciative.

Second, I have been tested and confirmed to have an acute memory. It freaks out my 82 year old mother that I recall all incidents from age 3 and older. My father served 30 years in the Airforce. I was present in DC when the caisson traveled down cobble stones, and not a peep from the crowd as JFK's casket moved down the street. I giggled a tiny bit and my father pressed his thumbs into my calfs. Afterwards he asked why I giggled...I said they had the boots backwards in the stirrups. He explained the lost rider and I never forgot.

Reactions: stoveliker

fire_man

Minister of Fire
Feb 6, 2009
North Eastern MA
First, I remember anytime a customer has a problem with our products. The OP was very friendly and cooperative and appreciative.

Second, I have been tested and confirmed to have an acute memory. It freaks out my 82 year old mother that I recall all incidents from age 3 and older. My father served 30 years in the Airforce. I was present in DC when the caisson traveled down cobble stones, and not a peep from the crowd as JFK's casket moved down the street. I giggled a tiny bit and my father pressed his thumbs into my calfs. Afterwards he asked why I giggled...I said they had the boots backwards in the stirrups. He explained the lost rider and I never forgot.
What was the brand of the first Whiskey you ever tried?
Ha! Bet you can't remember that!:)

Last edited:

BKVP

Minister of Fire

What was the brand of the first Whiskey you ever tried?
Ha! Bet you can't remember that!:)
Oh buddy.....Cal Poly Pomona, 1981 in the student bar "Blazing Saddles" (yes we had a bar by that name) Steven Ford (Gerald's son) and others all sitting around. Everyone had a beer as the hard stuff wasn't permitted. My roommate David (2 roommates both David) opens a flask. Say' try this, I drank the entire flask in one continued gulp.....that was the best Jameson I ever had!

• Wow

fire_man

Minister of Fire
Feb 6, 2009
North Eastern MA
Oh buddy.....Cal Poly Pomona, 1981 in the student bar "Blazing Saddles" (yes we had a bar by that name) Steven Ford (Gerald's son) and others all sitting around. Everyone had a beer as the hard stuff wasn't permitted. My roommate David (2 roommates both David) opens a flask. Say' try this, I drank the entire flask in one continued gulp.....that was the best Jameson I ever had!
Wow talk about a photographic memory :eek: I'm lucky if I remember if I fed the dog.

This has been an interesting thread. These smoke smell problems can be super elusive.

Last edited: