Ashley Hearth AW3200E-P vs Vogelzang VG3200-P

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sstterry

Nov 14, 2022
East TN
I need to get a new wood stove and am curious if there is any difference between these two stoves. Both are sold by US Stove and they appear to be identical. Any advice on which to choose other than the price? Is one better built than the other or are they the same stove that is just re-branded?

Edit: It appears that they sell the exact same stove under the US Stove Brand at Tractor Supply.

Last edited:
If you can step up just a little on price, Drolet makes a better budget stove. (and free shipping)

If you can step up just a little on price, Drolet makes a better budget stove. (and free shipping)
But Drolet does not make a large enough stove for my purpose. I have a very large home (the stove is in the basement). It is not my primary source of heat, but it sure does help. The basement is probably 2500 sq feet and the Drolet is only 110,000 btu's. The US Stoves say they are 150,000 btu's. Is that all hype?

I have an old Derco Grizzly that needs to be replaced. I want air-tight because my pipe run is at about 40' straight up and it is really hard to control airflow on the old stove due to the intense draft.

Plus there is only one Drolet dealer near me and it is 70 miles away.

The US Stoves say they are 150,000 btu's. Is that all hype?
Yes, hogwash.
Look more so at the size of the firebox to compare stoves/heat output.
MFP has free shipping, so not sure why the dealer being an hour away matters much...unless you'd have them install maybe? You'd probably have to buy it from them then.
You may have to put double key dampers on the pipe to control a 40' chimney!

Reactions: Sstterry
I'm not sure where they get that 150k BTU from...it must be over the course of a full load...8 hours maybe?
Max BTU/hr on a 3-3.5 CF stove should probably be in the 35-40k range (which is a lot!) Keep in mind, even though your furnace may be 100k BTU (more?) it does not run non stop like your stove...so unless you leave the windows open, the furnace would not be putting out 100k BTU/hr, it would run for 15-20 minutes and then shut off for an hour or so...

I need to get a new wood stove and am curious if there is any difference between these two stoves. Both are sold by US Stove and they appear to be identical. Any advice on which to choose other than the price? Is one better built than the other or are they the same stove that is just re-branded?

Edit: It appears that they sell the exact same stove under the US Stove Brand at Tractor Supply.
Same stove. Also sold as the US-3200EP. They are sort of the Harbor Freight of wood stoves. Ignore the marketing crap. It's a 3.2 cu ft firebox. We just have one report on it so far. I am not impressed with the sealing of the ash trap or the boost air valve (right-hand air control). The Drolet HT3000 has the same-sized firebox and a proven track record. The Drolet Legend III and its siblings have a bit larger firebox and are also a good alternative. So is the Englander 32-NC.

Same stove. Also sold as the US-3200EP. They are sort of the Harbor Freight of wood stoves. Ignore the marketing crap. It's a 3.2 cu ft firebox. We just have one report on it so far. I am not impressed with the sealing of the ash trap or the boost air valve (right-hand air control). The Drolet HT3000 has the same-sized firebox and a proven track record. The Drolet Legend III and its siblings have a bit larger firebox and are also a good alternative. So is the Englander 32-NC.
Thanks, I texted them and they said the same, the only thing different is the trim. I went with the Drolet instead.