ATTACK DPX 35 LAMBDA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaveStone

Oct 13, 2012
Fairbanks, Alaska
Hello, I have been reading this forum for the last 2 months about wood gasification boilers.
I am up in Fairbanks Alaska where is gets really cold and the price of oil is around $3.46 to $4.00 a gallon. I have access to lots of birch firewood so I need to start burning wood again.
31 years ago I had one of the Jetstream boilers and a 1000 gallon homemade tank. Well anyway
I have been looking at the Effecta lambda, the Woodmaster Ultra Fuel, and the Econoburn boilers.
I still have the Jetstream boiler in the basement but the refractory chamber need replaced or rebuilt.
I read a few threads about that on this forum also. But I think I should start out with a new system.
I really like the idea of the Lambda control, and I see that Attack is now making Lamba boilers.
I asked Newhorizon if they could get on and they said yes for an extra $1300. on top of the Attack dpx 35 price. So that is the best price Lambda boiler that I have found so far. I would like to know if anybody has any thoughts on the Attack Lambda boilers. Here is the link to there web site.
http://www.attack.sk/?run=kategoria&id=162&lang=en

Very happy with my boiler Vigas with Lambda controls. I don't think it helps a ton with the efficiency rating but do think it helps with getting a good burn throughout the entire fire. I just load and go. I haven't heard anything about the Attacks with the lambda (good or bad), but they look like a nice boiler. Might not hurt you to give Mark at AHONA a call... He was extremely helpful when I was in the market for a new one and during my install.

I have an Attack, not lambda though. Having not run other gassers I can't say if the Attack is much or any different from others. However, I have had my fair share of metal fabrication and i can say the Attack is well a made and well thought out design. Good quality welds (and I did inspect with my bore light and pulled all the plugs to look) and seemingly good heavy steel and water jacketed everything, so warpage should not be an issue.
I cannot speak for the lambda controls, and I assume it's built by RK. My boiler has nice low stack temps (300f or under) and has been producing little to no smoke throughout the burn, so I'm not sure what the efficiency hit is without the controls. That said, my wood is quite consistent in species and moisture content, so the air/fuel ratio may be quite good. NoFossil has been collecting data for a long time and is going the lambda route, he'll be reporting his efficiency gains in doing so.

TS

1300 doesn't sound like a bad premium for lambda. I suppose you could convert it to run as a non lambda if the computer or other proprietary parts ever break and replacements aren't available.

Reactions: Taylor Sutherland
Status
Not open for further replies.