Auber at200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Welderman85

Feeling the Heat
Nov 1, 2017
Chesaning MI
How would I go about using this on a insert with a stainless flex liner? The offer single wall and double wall options as well as a magnet probe. But I'm not sure if any would work for my set up. Thank you

I got the washer thermal couple and have a freestanding stove. Last year I sat the washer on the stove top under a piece metal. Worked well this year I wedged the washer between the stove collar and the appliance connector and theconnector and the liner. I think I like the stove top best. But with a blower I / we should probably be reading flue gas temps. I didn’t get the probe thermal couple. Not sure I will as I will install it an forget it’s their the next time I sweep.
Magnet has a max temp of 750 I think. Much beyond that the magnets demagnetize. I’ve got my stove top close to 700 but think I should have gotten it.
Get an IR thermometer too. ThT way you can reference two locations. Like now I know after I have been cruising for a while the collar and stove top are pretty close on temp but if I’m heating the stove the top can be 100 degrees more than the collar.

evan