Auger feeding to much pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jco26

Jan 26, 2022
Indiana
I have a magnum DC Model pellet stove I’ve done all the cleaning thoroughly and the other day the auger got clogged and I cleaned it as usual but now it won’t stop feeding the pellets fast they’re feeding it to fast to where it’s just filling the pot and creating a huge fire. Any advice can help thanks!

You have a somewhat relevant problem that I have with a blower motor. My thinking is that it has to be an issue with the control board. I say that because it controls all the fans motors. First by sending power to the motors in order to run and/or at what speed to run at. The auger motor is obviously getting power but not feeding at the rate to which you have it set on the control board, which tells me it has to be the board. The auger motor is just doing what it's told. Maybe when the auger got jammed it whacked out the control board?