Auger sending out too many pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

castaned

Dec 7, 2011
metro boston
[/color
I own a windsor enviro stove circa 2004. I have received a lot of helpful advice here and have recently had good luck resolving problems on my own.
At the moment the issue is that the auger seems to be putting out too many pellets; the stove is on the second setting from the bottom but the flame is very tall and wide, the pellets are flowing outside of the burn pot the auger pipe is full of pellets and the flame is burning into the pipe. When this happens I shut the stove off wait till its cool, clean the burn pot out and start over. Any thoughts????

Not enough combustion air? Clogged exhaust? When was the last time the stove was completely cleaned including the exhaust?

Status
Not open for further replies.