auger wont run

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jerryswope

Dec 30, 2020
zullinger Pa
i recently bought my house with a pellet stove it ran great up till now but the auger stop working i changed the snap ring that's beside the auger motor
cleaned out the auger itself and the vacuum hose as well still not working ...i have Quadra Fire Classic Bay 1200 pellet stove Model CB1200M-MBK any help
is appreciated

Have you removed the interior panels and cleaned the ash? On the rt side bottom door behind it is a plate with 4 screws remove them And vacuum out that chamber reinstall plate. Now on the left side pull the exhaust blower (6 screws/nuts) clean the fan paddles vac out that chamber. Now check the vent pipe and make sure it is clean. Your manual will explain all this in the maintenance section

Reactions: johneh
Have you removed the interior panels and cleaned the ash? On the rt side bottom door behind it is a plate with 4 screws remove them And vacuum out that chamber reinstall plate. Now on the left side pull the exhaust blower (6 screws/nuts) clean the fan paddles vac out that chamber. Now check the vent pipe and make sure it is clean. Your manual will explain all this in the maintenance section
sorry for the long reply ...yes everything is clean out great

im assuming you meant snap disc and the one by the auger on the auger tube is the #3 snap disk for over temp, the one you want to look at is #2 snap disc it controls the auger it should have a red wire.

im assuming you meant snap disc and the one by the auger on the auger tube is the #3 snap disk for over temp, the one you want to look at is #2 snap disc it controls the auger it should have a red wire.
ok...how do you know if they go bad or not thats the real question ...lololol

take the wires off the disc and connect them with a paper clip (do not let them touch anything) if it runs normally replace that disc