Austraflam and corn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Junkout

Oct 4, 2014
Texas
Has anyone tried burning corn or corn mix in one? I've searched without any results. Someone please explain the reason or reasons why not.

Does your stove manual say it can burn corn?

No it does not. I don't believe austraflam makes a corn stove that is why I asked if anyone has tried to burn corn. I guess my post wasn't that clear.

Almost any stove will burn a 10% mix,but the Austroflamm pot will plug up fast,as it has no stirrer system.I would not recommend.

Reactions: Ssyko
Thank you for the replies. Guess I'll stick with pellets but my next stove will be a multi fuel. Pellets are hard to come by here this year and pricey. Corns not cheap but it's cheaper than pellets.