Austrailian Fireplace Insert Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Australian made

Dec 20, 2018
Australia
Could anyone please help me find out what kind of Fisher heater this is. I can not find anybody in Australia that knows about these. Found this heater under a junk pile in a house I just got. Put some new bricks in it and a glass. It runs like a charm. Thanks for your help. 34DF3114-7A50-4504-9690-226360F666A9.jpeg

Fireplace Insert with "Brass and Glass" type III doors.
Model names were different in New Zealand and Australia. Without a purple tag from there, I'm not sure.
North America had a full size Insert with no Bear name given, a Honey Bear, a smaller "Cub Bear", and Polar Bear for zero clearance factory built fireplace. This firebox resembles the Polar Bear. That model also had the larger opening at the top. I can't tell if the entire stove is factory, or if the outer upper portion was added on. They were all welded construction, so if the outer shell isn't welded to the firebox, that is the factory zero clearance fireplace part. Below are some Polar and Honey Bear pics;
Your ash fender is Honey, can't see into the outlet above it with the strange larger outer cover. The Honey Bear pic below shows the outlet vent area if that is what is covered in yours. The upper box doesn't look right. Is it metallic brown like the rest of the Insert?

Polar Bear Insert 1.jpg Polar Bear with solid doors

Honey Bear Insert Front.jpg Honey Bear