auto clean on Quad Mt Vernon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

drumbeater7

Dec 14, 2021
Fryeburg, ME 04037
The arm attached to the auto clean motor has apparently disengaged. It cannot be accessed by removing the motor or through the ash pan. How do I access this? Quadrafire Mt Vernon AE

Might depend on which end came off. If you pull the firepot you might gain some access. Also, whenever the power is dropped and restored, the stove will perform an auto clean. Try unplugging, replugging, and unplugging again when the firepot floor is in mid cycle. HTH. Good luck.

The arm came off the motor. Access is required to the motor. Service is unavailable in this area. They want to sell stoves but cannot service them for 3 months. Annual clean outs are more important to them than breakdowns. (and this is almost January 2022) I WILL NEVER BUY A QUADRAFIRE AGAIN AND REGRET EVERY MINUTE THAT I OWN 3. I need 3 to keep one running. What a waste of money. The Mt Vernon AE will barely heat a 17x22 foot room. Never shuts off because it never reaches desired temperature. 70 degrees. As a result I tore the damn thing apart and hopefully reattached the arm satisfactorily. Terrible design. Only had 2 screws left over. lol

Sorry for your problems. From your descriptions, I really can't determine what you are doing wrong. I've had me Quadfire for 11 years. It just runs and runs and heats and heats. In fact, I'm getting ready to name it as it has become a part of the family. Sounds to me like your gripe should be with the supplier you chose.

Reactions: Mt Bob and Ssyko
The arm came off the motor. Access is required to the motor. Service is unavailable in this area. They want to sell stoves but cannot service them for 3 months. Annual clean outs are more important to them than breakdowns. (and this is almost January 2022) I WILL NEVER BUY A QUADRAFIRE AGAIN AND REGRET EVERY MINUTE THAT I OWN 3. I need 3 to keep one running. What a waste of money. The Mt Vernon AE will barely heat a 17x22 foot room. Never shuts off because it never reaches desired temperature. 70 degrees. As a result I tore the damn thing apart and hopefully reattached the arm satisfactorily. Terrible design. Only had 2 screws left over. lol
Is this a insert