Autoclean Motor Quad Mt Vernon Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

joescho

Feeling the Heat
Feb 11, 2009
Northeastern PA
Has anyone ever replaced the autoclean motor in a Mt Vernon AE insert? Looks to be quite cramped in there and was wondering if there's a procedure that makes it more tolerable. Had issues of the autoclean floor getting stuck once in a while which of course stops the stove from working. I've tried cleaning the autoclean floor to no avail. The screw holding the linkage is pretty darn tight that I will be having difficulty getting it off so its not a loose screw issue. Was thinking that the motor is getting weak (its probably 10+ years old). Was thinking changing the motor out and the switch at the same time - its cheap enough.

Thanks for any advice.

Joe

Joe,

Did you ever do this? The end of last heating season my autoclean cycle started making a high pitched squeal and it is not the bottom of the burnpot scraping.

I agree...it looks REALLY tight in there.

I'm just looking for any advice....thanks,

Z