Avalon Astoria Pellet Stove Igniter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dcrandolph

Dec 21, 2009
Rochester, ny
I have an Avalon Astoria 04-05 model and the original glow plug lasted close to 5 heating seasons before it needed to be replaced. I put an new one in myself last January/February and just last week 12/13/09 burned it out as well. I read something about a vacuum line in another post is there by chance one on this model and if you might know could you tell me what I am looking for if accessible. Do I have any other choices for a more durable ligniter. Have they improved them at all. I have checked what appears to be only one fuse on the circuit board and it doesn't look blown. any help would be great. thanks

dcrandolph said:
I have an Avalon Astoria 04-05 model and the original glow plug lasted close to 5 heating seasons before it needed to be replaced. I put an new one in myself last January/February and just last week 12/13/09 burned it out as well. I read something about a vacuum line in another post is there by chance one on this model and if you might know could you tell me what I am looking for if accessible. Do I have any other choices for a more durable ligniter. Have they improved them at all. I have checked what appears to be only one fuse on the circuit board and it doesn't look blown. any help would be great. thanks
Ignitors last from one year to 6 years just depends on how often the ignitor is used.
Since your stove has a on and of stat im sure about 4 times a day.

the only way to see if the ignitor is bad is to check to see if it is getting power with a volt meter
or a NON contact voltage stick

dcrandolph said:

Last time I checked macman had an Astoria ignitor for sale. So if you do need one, I would PM mac. FYI only.

dcrandolph......I sent you a PM

Thanks jay!

As for the ignitor, I tried finding a replacement "super ignitor' for my Astoria, but never found anything that could replace the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.