Avalon convection fan not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Terribear1980

Feb 20, 2020
Silverdale wa
Please help! About a month ago my convection fan for my pellet stove stopped working. I replaced both snap disks and the convection fan but it still won't work. When I went to shut it down after realizing it isn't working the exhaust fan stopped before the fire was out. It always stays on till the stove is cold. What is wrong? Any ideas or tips would be much appreciated. My exact stove is a avalon newport (avanti ps). Its about 15 to 20 years old.

*I know it's two years later but I'm starting to have the same problem. My fan runs for awhile then stops. What did you do to solve the problem. Thanks for any info you can provide.