avalon stove issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tasha20143

Nov 18, 2014
malone
I have an Avalon Astoria stove. My stove does not want to run on the lowest level. (1) when I try to run it on the level it will run for maybe two hours and then fault code green with happen and stove will shut off what could be happening?

Welcome to the forum ... Time to break out the manual! http://www.avalonfirestyles.com/TravisDocs/100-01154.pdf

When was the last time you cleaned exhaust venting, internal smoke pathways, combustion blower chamber? Low burn tends to collect more ash because of the lower combustion blower speed. Pellets that burn with higher ash content will make it clog up sooner.

Green fault means constrictions in exhaust pathways from ash... page 34, 35 of the manual. You should get a new gasket for the combustion blower before pulling it apart.

Keep us posted...

Status
Not open for further replies.