Back in the game

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony D

Sep 4, 2013
Mayville WI
Its been roughly two years since I moved into my new house and have been without wood heat. I've spent a lot of time on this website doing research on inserts and how to properly install them. I decided on a Blaze King princess insert and opted for a pre-insulated flex liner from woodland direct. I also did some insulating inside the firebox as i have a masonry exterior chimney and fireplace and also installed a block off plate with roxul on top of that. I was wondering where the best place to put a thermometer is on this unit. I put one in front of the CAT gage but dont know if thats the best place for it. Any advice on how to get the most out of this insert is more than welcome! I know you guys like pictures so here you go... Thanks for all the great info!

Original set up.
058.JPG
I had nearly a foot of dead space to put two batts of roxul and a piece of 1/2 inch durock.
062.JPG
Block off plate made of .02 material, would have liked .025 but thats all i could get my hands on.
064.JPG
All hooked up...
065.JPG
First fire... So far I am impressed with the insert. It has unbelievable control and throws a lot of heat. The fan moves air nicely and is pretty quiet.
070.JPG

did you let that guy out before you lit it?
065.JPG

Looks good Tony. If I had the money, this would be my next insert. Good luck and let us know how it runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.