Back Up On A Budget !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hiskid

Sep 26, 2017
PA
Really enjoying our Serenity. We get electric "glitches" every once in a while and just got a new smart meter.Thank God they just ran conduit for utilities in our park and the smart meter is 60 ft from our head instead of 15 ft. Anyway, yesterday I plugged the shopvac into the same plug mount surge protector the stove is in. I ended up pulling the s/p out with the stove plug rather than just the vac. Just that second or two the shove went into shut down. We haven't had a "glitch" since the stove started so I don't know what would happen during that flicker of interruption.. Anyway I'd like to explore battery back up options that aren't to expensive. Do they respond quick enough before a shutdown ? What for run time can you get ? I have propane for the furnace. Any thoughts/ideas ? Thanks. GBY