Bad news for my area

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like another company looking for handouts from the state.

Either that or the state wanted a handout.

I think they were trying to be an integrated pellet provider where they installed systems in schools and insititutions and got paid by a surcharge on a longterm contract for pellets. That way they would have a steady customer base. I suspect what happened is with all the stimulus bucks out there that the schools and institutions installed the equipment themselves for little capital cost and then could buy pellets on the open market.

This isnt the only pellet plant in the region that was already to go but didnt. Greenova in Berlin NH was all permitted and rady to build and Island Pond VT also had a similar facility al ready to go.

Pellet prices are pretty low and it's tough to make a profit in that environment...

Status
Not open for further replies.