Baker stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtarbert

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 23, 2006
Maryland
I am thinking about replacing our pre EPA Fisher wood burner with a Baker coal burner. Does anyone have any in-put (Positive or negative) about these stoves and the company? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

Hey,

I bought a Baker coal stove 7 or 8 years ago and burned coal in it every winter 'til I sold the house I lived in. THEN, I gave that stove to my brother, and he's still burning coal in it to this day, thing's probably fired up right now. It is the "Challenger" pictured here....http://www.bakerstoves.com/stoves.htm

I don't live too far from their factory, about 20 miles or so. I'd recommend these stoves to anybody that wants to burn coal.

If you never burned coal before it takes some time to learn the ropes, but that stove heated my rancher just fine.....no creosote either :)

Good quality coal stoves that will last along time.

If you have access to coal and want to burn it, they're a solid stove to do so in.

Status
Not open for further replies.