Bar not getting oil

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After poking a wire down the oil hole, it now throws a nice splatter of oil. Went out and cut for about 40 minutes with no problems.

Go figure.

Last edited:
Reactions: pen
Sounds like some crud got into the oil reservoir that you were able to encourage out w/ the wire.

If you don't already, using an old paintbrush to clean the dust from the filler caps before opening can help keep a good bit of dirt / debris out.

Glad you got it easily.

pen

Nice :(, I agree, if it was my shop I would not charge for the simple cleanup, guarantee to a returned customer!
Bethel Power just burned a customer who has a whole lot more purchasing to do....that's okay, Newtown Power is actually closer, I just thought I'd support the local business....guess not

I like to have my saws running at or near 1:1 oil and gas per fill up. Oil is cheap - bars and chains are not and it makes it easy for a numb brained fool like me remember to just top off both at every fill up.

Idk, I don't think you can bring it in to a professional shop with a problem, get it returned to you working properly and then not expect to pay for it because it was a simple fix. They need to pay rent, employees, etc. I would have had a friend with more knowledge help me first. 50 bucks is not unreasonable even if it was something you could have done.
For example vacuum repair shops make easy money because people don't want to unclog their hoses.... Who's fault is that? JMHO

I forgot to mention.....I just dropped $500.34 to have my Log Splitter motor replaced there.....they could of cut me a break

I kind of agree with Ram——There is plenty they can do to get you to return though.

Sometimes I just flat out ask. Can you work on this price a bit maybe meet me half way.
Knock down the price of a few chains? Then I dig through there trade-ins to see if there is anything I can work them over on.
He always has a batch of 029s they have gone through and will let them go for 150 or so depending on condition.

I forgot to mention.....I just dropped $500.34 to have my Log Splitter motor replaced there.....they could of cut me a break
Seems like a price gouging dealer. I'd take my business elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.