Barefoot and Lignetics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

haff99

Jan 15, 2015
pennsylvania
Burned both so far this year:

Lignetics - so far pellets burned OK. They produce a lighter fluffier ash, with what I would assume a normal volume of ash(maybe a cup per 40lb bag). heat is OK. Not many long pellets, seem to have a consistent size to them. The one thing I fine odd is one bag the pellets are darker in color, the next bag is lighter. I find it odd as these are from the same 1 ton pallet. Not sure why there is that much of a difference in color since I would assume they were bagged at the same time being on the same pallet. Anyways don't really notice a difference in the color.

Barefoot - Lots of LONG pellets in the bag. If I see them, I usually break them up. I'm talking 3-4 inch long some of them. Another strange thing is even within the same bag lots of different color pellets, some light colored ones and then some real dark ones. They produce a darker grittier ash, roughly the same volume as the lignetics. However, man they are burning hot. When they burn on the same setting as the lignetics, they produce a nice big blue flame at the base. I've never seen a blue flame that big at the base as when I burn these. The lignetics don't produce this blue flame base like the barefoots.

So overall, no major issues with either of them. I should note I am burning them in a lopi agp insert.

Burned Barefoot last year and burning Lignetics this year. No problems with either pellet in my stove.

I burned a few bags of Barefoot this year as a test. I thought they were the best of the sampling of hardwood pellets I tried. My stove, a Wiseway, just works better with softwood pellets but I certainly can see why the Barefoots are as popular as they are around here in NW CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.