Barefoots vs. Greene Team Platinums

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bschrager

Sep 23, 2009
Long Island
Have my 3 ton stash at home ready for the season, this year have 2 ton of Greene Team Platinums which I had delivered from Lowes, then a ton of Barefoots I picked up.

This will be the first year I will be burning each kind, looking for some reviews.

Have my 3 ton stash at home ready for the season, this year have 2 ton of Greene Team Platinums which I had delivered from Lowes, then a ton of Barefoots I picked up.

This will be the first year I will be burning each kind, looking for some reviews.
You bought pellets you never burnt before?

Hope they burn good.

Yes, my old Whitfield Quest will burn anything.

For me it's best bang for the buck. Down here it's whatever Lowes or Home Depot have at a semi decent price or limited private suppliers who want top dollar.

For example that ton of Barefoots would have cost me $125 more locally.