BEAMING : )

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moondoggy

Hearth Supporter
Oct 29, 2007
Long Island NY
VC Intrepid II on order, should have wed.
316ti kit ordered from ChimDepot.
Insulation kit ordered from them too.
hope to clean the chimney to redo the hearth (sheetmetal and durock) saturday...(have a dang wedding sunday)

So psych'd.... mainly cause I know I made all the right decisions thanks to you all.
I couldn't be more conifdent in my choices and what I'd doing and I have only you guys to thank. (store folk dont know squat)

I'll post some pics of my install when i'm done with everything.
Thanks again.

nope, simple cast iron black.
enamel is for sinks and tubs. (i can say that cause i cant afford to get the brown enamel that i really wanted,
and i know I'd mess up/crack the enamel and just be mad at myself.)

moondoggy, Welcome to the Intrepid II world ---- you'll love it. :lol:

ha ha ha, I'm a "Burning Chunk" now too!

keep us posted, lighting up a new stove is like xmas morning as a kid.

didnt mean to offend.
i dont doubt that, but none of you were in the stores i went into.
i couldnt get straight answers and one place obviously had no idea what they were selling. ("Cat stoves are being obsoleted, its old tech that is not effective")
and out the door i went.
I was told i could put the flue pipe into the fireplace, and stop just past the old damper. (found out here, thats a no no)
Its like any sales job....I think some are in it because it is a job, some are in it because they beleive in it and want to help someone make the right choice, not upsell me to a huge unit.
i learned a lot researching on this site, from those who want to help....like you.
wish you worked around here, i'd buy you a beer....

I have to say that as much as I like the gasification boiler system that we have, I miss having a woodstove that you can sit next to and warm your bones. This thread makes me nostalgic. Congratulations and enjoy your new acquisition.

Status
Not open for further replies.