Beers

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
Lindenwold, South Jersey
Flying to South Korea tomorrow evening. Will post some interesting drinks.

semipro

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2009
SW Virginia
Good luck. A restaurant in the town where I went to college offered a Master and PhD in beer for drinking all in a long list of beer from all around the world (great marketing ploy). I can't recall drinking a good one from Korea.

Last edited:

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
Lindenwold, South Jersey
Stay away from 33 if they have it.
I know. Korea doesn't have too many good beers. On my way back I will be some time in the Netherlands and Germany, much better.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Up until 2014 their liquor laws discouraged small breweries. That has changed and evidently some are popping up now. Wikipedia lists several. If you are in Seoul this one might be interesting:
https://www.seoulbrewery.com/

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
Lindenwold, South Jersey
Up until 2014 their liquor laws discouraged small breweries. That has changed and evidently some are popping up now. Wikipedia lists several. If you are in Seoul this one might be interesting:
https://www.seoulbrewery.com/
I will be in Seoul for a few days. Love that country, going there for the 8th time. Seoul is nice.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Now in London.
Fun, but I can’t drink much English beer. They’re weak, and the unfermented yeasts bother my stomach. But they have great gin!

AlbergSteve

Minister of Fire
Dec 11, 2017
Vancouver Island

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Fun, but I can’t drink much English beer. They’re weak, and the unfermented yeasts bother my stomach. But they have great gin!
I've enjoyed a few Samuel Smith ales. Looking to try their Yorkshire Stingo if I can find it.

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
Lindenwold, South Jersey
Was on G&T at Heathrow. Just arrived in Seoul.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
And now you are going to tell us all about the great seoul food there.

Reactions: Ashful

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
Lindenwold, South Jersey
And now you are going to tell us all about the great seoul food there.
Stay tuned. Korean food is great!

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
Lindenwold, South Jersey
Just had a double espresso. $12.50 Seoul has become very expensive. Was here the first time in 1995 and 8 times since then, became more expensive every year.